Our submission system is closed from April 15-September 15. If you have a pending submission, please be patient. We have a large backlog of submissions, and we are working hard to catch up and keep up.
If you have any questions along the way, please send us a note at general[at]apublicspace[dot]org.
As always, thank you for thinking of A Public Space for your work.
Thank you for your interest in interning at A Public Space. To be considered for an internship, please upload: (1) a file answering the below questions, and (2) your résumé. Applications are considered year-round, on a rolling basis. Please note that poetry, fiction, and nonfiction submitted to the magazine via this Submittable category will not be considered for publication. Please note that we are no longer seeking interns for summer 2016. Candidates interested in a fall 2016 internship are welcome to apply.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
Interns assist with all aspects of the magazine, including managing submissions, fact-checking, proofreading, helping with events, social media, and other projects. Internships are unpaid and require a minimum two-day commitment on a Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday schedule over a three month period.
1. What books have you read lately? What was the last story you loved?
2. Which magazines and websites do you read regularly? Which do you wish you read regularly?
3. Please take a look at A Public Space’s Twitter page. Write three 140 character tweets you think fit with our feed.
4. Why are you the perfect candidate for this internship?
5. Which pieces in APS have most interested you recently?
6. Tell us about your experience (Clerical/Research/Social Networking/Reading manuscripts, etc).
7 What is your weekly availability, and when could you begin working with us?